West Valley Search and Rescue is looking for new members!
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED SOON.
Join West Valley Search and Rescue Team
Since 1985, the West Valley Search and Rescue Team has served San Bernardino County by performing wilderness rescues of lost and injured hikers, climbers, and skiers in the Mt. Baldy area. We also assist local fire and police departments with body recoveries, urban searches and disasters, and wildfire evacuations. West Valley members volunteer thousands of hours every year on missions, training, public education and related causes.
All West Valley volunteers are non-paid employees of the San Bernardino Sheriffs’ Department (SBSO). As such, all team members and recruits must comply with requirements set forth for volunteers by the SBSO.
Team members must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Pass a physical exam
- Pass an oral interview
- Pass a background investigation
- Have a valid California Driver’s License
- Have current automobile insurance
- Attend an entry-level training program (Probationary Member Training) within 12 months of acceptance into the program
- Be available for two weekends per month for team and special training, plus attend monthly business meetings
- Be physically fit with the ability to carry 40+ pound packs over long distances
- Live within 60 minute drive of the San Antonio Heights Sheriff Substation, located at 2433 N. Euclid Ave, Upland